8 Palms is an elegant beach home featuring a private saltwater pool, surrounded by its namesake 8 palm trees and backing protected natural lands. The backyard of this home feels like a private resort. The home's interior was professionally designed by Sugar Beach Interiors.
Some of the unique features of this home include:
- Private Pool - the largest pool in Naturewalk. Unlike most 30A pools, this pool is huge. It measures 27 feet wide and is 5 feet at its deepest and may be heated upon request. The pool is saltwater and features several in-pool seating benches plus a spa.
- Resort-like backyard – backing nature preserve, surrounded by palm trees. Lit beautifully at night, feels like a private resort.
- Blue Glass Fire Pit - oversize gas fire pit next to the pool. There are 5 lounge chairs and an outside dining table for 6.
- Floats/Toys/Games – Just bring your bathing suit - The garage is filled with pool floats, noodles, sand toys, boogies boards, beach paddles, pickleball, beach chairs, beach wagon, umbrellas, spike ball, bags, horseshoes, and more. Inside is a cabinet filled with games and 7 TVs.
- Outdoor Living - 3 screened porches, one with a TV! Plus an unscreened front porch.
- 4 Adult Beach Bicycles are included with every rental, option to add more bikes is available.
- Golf Cart - Option to add a 6-Seater, Street-Legal Golf Cart (there is an additional charge per below).
Community Features (no additional fees)
The community, Naturewalk, is a family-forward community that was designed to preserve its diverse natural surroundings. It is adjacent to both Watercolor and Seaside.
Naturewalk is fully built and one of the few areas on the entire 30A where you will not listen to construction noise during your vacation. If you are looking for a serene, quiet, relaxing vacation, then 8 Palms is the right choice.
- One of the only full-size lap pools on the 30A
- Zero-entry family pool
- Pickleball courts (paddles provided at the home)
- Sand volleyball courts
- Walking trails
- Adjacent to a state forest with hiking and biking trails
Getting to the Beach
The beach can be accessed via a car-free, beautiful nature trail, Lily Lane, on foot or bike. It leads to the San Juan Street beach access. Parking for cars or golf carts is available at the San Juan or Santa Clara beach access (which also has a ramp). Bike parking is available at numerous other beach access points. These are public beaches with no entry fees or parking fees.
The main living floor is made up of 2 living areas. The larger living area features a fireplace and 70” flat-screen TV alongside a full dining room with seating for 8. The modern, white, oversize kitchen has quartz counters, a large island with seating for 4, and stainless appliances. A half bath completes the downstairs.
Upstairs is a suite with a king bed, 2 dressers, a walk-in closet, and a huge ensuite bathroom with a soaking tub, shower, and 2 separate sinks. The master also has French doors, complete with custom shutters, opening to a screened porch that overlooks the pool and the nature preserve.
The 2nd ensuite bedroom features a queen bed and upscale furnishings connected to a modern bathroom with custom glass shower doors. Bedroom number 3 has a queen bed, luxury furnishings, and connects to a screened porch. Bedroom 4 is a bunk room with custom bright white built-in bunks, twin over twin, each with built-in reading light and a twin+trundle for 4 twin beds total. The bunk room also features an exterior door to access the screened front porch. Bedrooms 3 and 4 share an alcove entrance and bathroom with double vanity and custom glass shower doors. The upstairs is completed by a separate laundry room with a new front-load, full-size washer, and dryer.
Sleeping Arrangements (Sleeps 10):
- Primary Suite, Second Floor: King Bed, Private Bathroom with Walk-in Shower and Soaking Tub
- Guest Bedroom I, Second Floor: Queen Bed, Private Bathroom with Shower/Tub Combo
- Guest Bedroom II, Second Floor: Queen Bed, Shared Bathroom with Shower/Tub Combo
- Bunk Room, Second Floor: Custom Built-in Twin-over-Twin Bunks and Twin Day Bed with Pullout Twin Trundle, Sleeps 4 total. Shared Bathroom with Shower/Tub Combo
Naturewalk is a 155-acre community located on the Florida Panhandle along the 30A, also known as the Emerald Coast about forty minutes east of Destin, Florida. The community is accessed from County Road 395 and is a short bike ride or walk to the Watersound Crossings shopping plaza with a Publix, a liquor & wine store, the beloved Pizza by the Sea and The Perfect Pig restaurants plus more. It is surrounded by the Point Washington State Forest, a 15,000-acre wildlife preserve with hiking and biking trails.
- 4 Bedrooms/3.5 Bathrooms, Accommodates a maximum of 10 guests
- Private saltwater Pool and Spa tub
- 4 Bikes
- Surrounded by State Forest with nature trails
- Adjacent to Seaside and Watercolor
- Access to NatureWalk Resort Community Amenities: lap pool, family pool, pickleball, basketball, sand volleyball
- Gas Fireplace
- Gas Grill
- Gas Blue Glass Fire Pit
- Professionally Decorated by Sugar Beach Interiors
- Three Screened-in Porches
- All white kitchen with Quartz Counter-tops and stainless steel appliances
- Filtered Water Dispenser and ice maker
- Kitchen Island with Seating for 4
- Dining Room Table with seating for 8
- Premium Custom Mattresses
- Pots, Pans, Dishes, Utensils Provided (all high end e.g. All-Clad)
- Blender, Toaster, Drip Coffee Maker (with gold filter), Keurig, Mixer
- Wi-Fi included
- 7 Smart TVs with Hulu, Disney+ and ESPN+. Use your own Netflix, Prime etc.
- Floats/Toys/Games: pool floats, noodles, sand toys, boogies boards, beach paddles, pickleball, beach chairs, beach wagon, umbrellas, spike ball, bags, horseshoes, and more.
- Off-Street Parking for 2 cars, more parking across the street (no RVs, trailers, boats may be parked in Naturewalk)
Please note our age requirement policy: One (1) parent or guardian over the age of 25 be present and staying on the property for every three (3) guests between the ages of 15 and 25. Naturewalk is a quiet, family-forward community and is not an appropriate fit for those seeking a ‘party' atmosphere. Noise violations, parties or other behavior unbecoming of a family-friendly environment is strictly prohibited, Violations will result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of rent. No exceptions will be made.. We want all of our guests to enjoy their vacations so please choose a home that fits your vacation plans.
Private Pool Heat
8 Palms' private pool can be heated upon request.The pool will be heated to a maximum of 80 degrees. This cannot be changed and maybe less in very cold weather. Pool can be heated for the following dates:
June 1 - Sep 30 $25/night for hot tub only
Oct 1 - May 31 $50/night pool + hot tub
Guests must pay the pool heat fee for the entire duration of the stay
Per State Law all private pools must have alarms on all windows and doors that can lead to the pool. This home is equipped with 2 of these state-required alarms.
No pets of any kind are permitted in “8 Palms” at Naturewalk. Violations will result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of rent. No exceptions will be made. Guests who violate this policy will also be charged an additional $500 cleaning fee.
Smoking in any form (e.g. cigarettes, cigars, “e-cigarettes” or “vapes”) is not permitted on premises, indoors or outdoors, of “8 Palms” (Pool, Porches, Driveway, etc.) Violations will result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of rent. No exceptions will be made. Guests who violate this policy will also be charged an additional $500 cleaning fee.
A 6-seater golf cart may be added to any reservation for $795 weekly or $150 / day. This is provided to the Guest by a 3rd Party Vendor, and requires a rental policy to be signed between the Guest and Shoreline Beach Service. Golf Cart is not owned or provided to the Guest by the Homeowner or Coastal Dreamin'